Friday, August 31, 2012

Angelic Cake

Not quite Angel Food Cake and not quite a pound cake...  The flavor and texture take me back to sticky and sweet Angel Food Cake we would enjoy in the summertime when I was little.  So many things are not possible to re-create with gluten-free, vegan ingredients. When we hit on something good that brings back memories, it becomes an instant favorite!  Oh... and a plus...  IT IS EASY.  One bowl!  Since I have not found a consistently good yellow or chocolate cake, I have a feeling this will be making a lot of appearances during the holidays (ho, yeah, they are coming, yall).

3 cups GF baking mix
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups sugar
1 cup margarine, room temperature
2 tablespoons Coca-Cola
1-1/2 cups Vanilla Soy Milk

Preheat oven to 325.

Lightly butter a Bundt pan and lightly flour.

Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and stir until completely moistened.  Pour into prepared pan and bake for one hour or until center is done.  Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes then remove from pan.

Fruit would be nice (if we could eat any).  Warm chocolate sauce too would be yummy.  But I just like to pick it up with my hands and eat it plain.  It is that good.

Half a recipe make a shorter cake but still is good stuff.  I know baking with different flours can be costly.

No comments:

Post a Comment