Sunday, September 9, 2012

No Fry Donut Cake

One of my last Sunday mornings home with my daughter! We move her into her campus housing 2 weeks from today. I think have whiplash from the past nearly 19 years flying by! Whoosh!

Cake

1-3/4 cup GF baking mix
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/3 cup melted margarine
2 tablespoons of Coca Cola plus Silk Very Vanilla Soymilk enough to make a total of 3/4 of liquid

Topping

1/4 cup melted margarine
1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon mixed together

Heat oven to 350. Grease bottom of 9" square pan. In large bowl combine all cake ingredients. Pour into greased pan.

Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. While cake is still hot poke top with a fork A LOT. I had to dip my fork in the melted margarine to prevent the cake from sticking to it when I poked the cake. Brush melted margarine over top of pierced cake. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture. Serve warm with coffee.

Mmmmmmm... no joke. The two together are an eye closin-deep sigh inducin treat.

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to try some of your recipes. We are milk free and egg free but we are not gluten free. Since I do not need to use GF baking mix, can I substitute with flour using the same measurements? Looking forward to trying this donut cake. Thank you. Peggy

    ReplyDelete