Wednesday, September 26, 2012

PB and No J Mini Muffins

Here is a way to get a little protein and little chocolate at the same time!  Best of both worlds!

I keep a little container in my purse just big enough for one mini muffin.  I freeze the whole batch, take one muffin out per day, put it in that little container and by the time I am ready to eat it, it is perfect.

1-3/4 cup GF baking mix
2/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg replacer egg
3/4 cup vanilla soy milk
2/3 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2/3 chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350.  Grease your mini muffin pans.

In mixer combine the first 5 ingredients.  Add the liquid ingredients and mix until moist.  Stir in the chocolate chips.

Spoon about 1 teaspoon into each muffin cup. Bake at 350 for approx 12-14 minutes.  Cool for 5 minutes then move to wire rack and cool completely.  Makes 30 mini muffins.

I use natural peanut butter so there is very little salt.  Sometimes, I sprinkle a few coarsely ground salt bits on top of the muffins.  Just a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment