Saturday, October 20, 2012

Double Delicious Chocolate Cookies

Does anyone NOT like chocolate? Not many people I know! The only person I know not a fan of chocolate is my nephew.

My dad and his wife were babysitting him once and he was eating chocolate chip cookies. He went back for more. After he left, my dad found all the chocolate chips he picked out of the cookies in the rug in the bathroom!

So funny, yet so sad for wasted chocolate!

Preheat oven to 375 and line two cookies sheets with parchment.

2-1/4 cup GF baking mix
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup margarine, softened
1 and 3/4 cup sugar divided
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 egg replacer egg
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips

In mixer, combine 1 cup sugar with 2 tablespoons maple syrup. (I use this combo in place of brown sugar. If you have and can have brown sugar you can use 1 cup here.) Add 3/4 cup more sugar and margarine. Beat until light. Add egg replacer egg and mix well.

Add dry ingredients except for chocolate chips. Mix well to combine. Stir in chocolate chips. If dough appears too loose add a little more GF baking mix.

Drop by rounded teaspoons on lined cookie sheets. I like to make these on the bigger side since they whole pint is it indulge! You probably won't want more than one at a time. They are super sweet... even to me!

Bake for 10 minutes. Cool on pan 2 minutes then transfer to wire rack to cook completely.

HERE'S A TIP: since GF baking goes wrong sometimes, I usually bake two tester cookies first. If they spread too much, I can add more GF baking mix without wasting all the dough!

No comments:

Post a Comment