Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Happy Anniversary!

Married 20 years today.  I don't know where the time has gone.  I remember watching D from across the teller windows at the bank where we met figuring out how to talk to him. Man, were we young!  Those were fun days...

I remember when we lost our car at an R.E.M. concert, hanging out at Panzer and Jules' house, dodging cicada's around their gazebo, watching Star Trek, playing softball on the bank team, adopting my first cat, Puddy, going to burritoville at midnight, Sunday football at my mom's, Candlelight Bowling...  and a ton other fun things we did before marriage.

I remember swimming on the roof of our honeymoon hotel on the Riverwalk in San Antonio, traveling a long way on a bus to get some cowboy boots.  And yes...  our other car is a pickup truck!

Then came the kids, more cats, lifelong friends... Feeding the giraffes and Cereal City with Nenanator and Nik and neighborhood Friday Happy Hour with Jane and Leon and playing games and New Years Eve with Laurie and Dave.

We had some awesome vacations to Disney World with my family.  Spent a few over nights with D's family having a blast with the nieces and nephews.  We went to Nashville twice and actually stayed at the Opryland Hotel which is an amazing place.  And  yes, our other car is still a pickup truck!

Not to mention the injuries, illnesses, pilgrimage trips, scares, heartaches, losses, and struggles. We are still standing. Our bodies may hurt more but still standing!

I am not a fan of going out these days but I just gotta make myself do it because when I do, I always have fun!  It doesn't have to cost much or be a big deal.  Going to find that happy medium since that is what life is all about really.

Here we go for another 20!

No comments:

Post a Comment