Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Pfsh... Salted Caramel. I Can Do Better

I have been toying with the idea of chocolate chip cookies with soy sauce in them and not figuring it out right.

Today it hit me! The big craze on salted caramel lately? Why not caramel with soy sauce?!!?

Since we are gluten free of course I used Bragg's Liquid Aminos instead.

One cup sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup margarine
1 tablespoon Braggs plus enough Silk Very Vanilla Soymilk to make 1 cup liquid

Line an 8" square pan with parchment. Combine all ingredients in tall sided saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring. Reduce heat to medium high, stir constantly until candy thermometer indicates 245•F

Pour into prepared pan. Cool one hour on counter and another hour in fridge.

Cut into 3/4" squares and wrap pieces in parchment or waxed paper.

The house smells a-mazing! Some of my neighbors made a pit stop while trick or treating (we are the 'trick or beer' house) and I think they wanted my caramel too!

No comments:

Post a Comment