Thursday, October 4, 2012

Sack Lunch Carrots with a CA-POW

I can't seem to escape the same stomach pain day after day after day after day...

I am going to quit the rice cakes and peanut butter lunch (and sometimes breakfast and sometimes dinner). I am hoping it helps! If not, I may have to break down and try the meds my GI wants me on. I am just not ready to do that.

The rice cakes aren't doing anything nutritional for me except to be an avenue for protein in the form of peanut butter.

I'm going to go the veg route and a peanut butter sauce instead. I used carrots today but have used edamame in the past.

1 lb cooked carrots
2 tablespoons cooking liquid from carrots
2 tablespoons Bragg Liquid Aminos or soy sauce
2 tablespoons peanut butter
Dash of ginger
Dash of garlic
Black Pepper to taste

Cook and drain carrots reserving some liquid. Gently fold in remaining ingredients. Season to taste. (I like mine heavy on the Braggs!)

If you like it a little spicy, add some red pepper flakes.

Tomorrow is day one without rice cakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment