Sunday, November 25, 2012

Can Do Biscuit Make Over with PB & C

There is definitely a Nutella craze going on.  Even Jif has its own hazelnut spread now.

Since Bub and I are tree nut free, I have made us a peanut butter version.

 I am jumping on the Nutella bandwagon, licking my fingers along the ride! I saw a recipe like this on Tumblr and changed it up to make iit safe for us.

In a microwave safe bowl put the following:

1/2 cup peanut butter (we use Skippy Natural)
2/3 cup chocolate chips (Trader Joe's )

Heat the above at 20 second intervals until melted. Stir until smooth.

You can firm it up in the fridge but store at room temperature for spreading. I popped mine in the microwave to use this morning in a Can Do Biscuit makeover.

Mix Can Do Biscuits as directed and drop onto cookie sheet lined with parchment as normal. Press a little well in the middle of each biscuit with the spoon.  Spoon a little PB & C in the well. Use your fingers to fold the biscuit dough onto itself, burying the filling somewhat, and then reshape into rounds. The filling can ooze out the sides a bit so don't try to completely bury it in biscuit dough. If you want extra special, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar before baking.

Bake as normal too. Serve warm.



1 comment:

  1. I sent your link to my home email so that I can finish reading all the posts without fear of being fired... I LOVE your blog and I can't wait to try these!!!! I would love to hear the reason for your little nesting dolls. I read everything and I didn't see why they are your little mascots... so cute!!!!! Thanks for sharing Sue!!!!

    ReplyDelete