Sunday, November 4, 2012

Darn Quick Dinner Rolls

I am making soup JUST FOR ME tonight.  I got no response from the people I live with when I asked about dinner so, I guess, I am on my own.

These are a great yeast roll that are really quick and easy.  Gluten free dough doesn't require kneading and usually can't be rolled (although they can be pressed and stretched).

These are made in one bowl and go in muffin tins.

3 to 3-1/2 cups GF baking mix
1/4 sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 package active dry yeast
3/4 plain soymilk
1/3 cup margarine

Heat soymilk and margarine to 120 degrees.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees

In mixer combine 1-1/2 cups of GF baking mix, sugar, salt and yeast.  Blend well.  Add warm liquid and mix until combined.  Blend for 2 minutes on low.  Slowly add the remaining GF baking mix until you get a cookie batter type dough.

Grease your muffin cups.  Spoon your dough/batter into muffin tins about 2/3 full.  Cover and let rise approx 40 minutes. I usually rise yeast recipes by preheating my oven with the doughs on the stovetop.

Bake at 400 about 12 minutes until browned or until you can knock on them and they sound hollow.

Remove from pan and serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment