Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sunday Stew-like-Soup

I made a roux today to start my soup.  Then I added the veggies, water, Bragg's and a little plain soymilk.

Since it is my singles ladies dinner, I hope to have some left overs for the week too!

5 tablespoons margarine
1/4 cup GF baking mix
4 cups water
1/4 plain soymilk
1/4 cup Bragg's
One bag each of frozen carrots, cauliflower and shelled edamame

Melt margarine in dutch oven.  Add the baking mix and whisk constantly until golden.  Remove from heat immediately while you add the rest of the ingredients or it will burn.

Dump in the rest of the stuff, lower the heat to medium and cover.  When it starts to boil, uncover, stir and lower the heat to low.  Cover again and allow to cook until veggies are tender (or in my case cooked to death) stirring occasionally.

Make some good dunking bread and enjoy today, and if you are eating alone, tomorrow too!

2 comments:

  1. Looks good. Alot of the time I ask my family, I also get no response or "whatever". I like your approach.

    Nena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He made me so mad! Somedays I just gotta walk away, cut my losses and take care of ME.

      Delete