Saturday, November 24, 2012

Unexpected Spectrum Cookies

These little rainbow sugars by Dean & Deluca make me smile when I see them. Such a simple accent makes basic cookies something special.

Release your inner child and bake a smile!

3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup shortening
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg replacer egg
2-1/2 to 2-3/4 cups GF baking mix (see note below)
Rainbow sugar

Preheat oven to 325.

Beat together sugar, margarine and shortening until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg replacer egg and blend well.  Stir in GF baking mix until dough is stiff and no longer sticky.  Shape into one inch balls and place two inches apart on cookie sheet.  Flatten slightly with bottom of glass then press some rainbow sugar into the tops of the cookies. The sugars do not stick to the bottom of the glass I am using so I just used my hands to get the rainbows on top.

Bake at 325 for 8-9 minutes. Cool one minute on pan then remove to cool completely.

See! They made you smile right?



Note: Remember  to make your two test cookies.  If they run, add more baking mix.  I ended up needing the full 2-3/4 cup baking mix today.




No comments:

Post a Comment