Friday, January 11, 2013

Get Your Husband Out of The Man Cave Treats

The smell of peanut butter and chocolate is irresistable!  Once again, a messy sort of job but I am getting better about caring about that anymore.  I feel no guilt about using numerous paper towels and running the dishwasher several times a day if necessary.  It is like my art and you wouldn't tell a painter to wash her brushes after each stroke or see a sculpter wash her hands after molding each feature.  Well, if you did, I guess you could say that they have more OCD problems than I do!

I found a great way to make these that I have not heard of before.  I used my very large Food Network 12" skillet.  It is wider at the top for folding in the cereal and non-stick for easier clean up!

1 cup corn syrup
3 tablespoons margarine
1 cup creamy peanut butter, Skippy Natural is goooooood
5 cups Kellogg's Gluten Free Rice Krispies
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Grease a 13x9 pan, preferrably one with a lid.

Combine the corn syrup and margarine in the skillet.  Bring to a gentle boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.   Remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter.  Stir just long enough to melt the peanut butter.

Add the cereal and fold with spoonula to coat all the cereal.  This is a generous recipe and you should have no trouble coating all the cereal.

Spread into prepared pan and cool completely.   Melt the chocolate and drizzle over the top.







No comments:

Post a Comment