Sunday, January 27, 2013

Looks Aren't Everything Loaf

I don't like to make breads that require a double rise.  They sometimes taste like cheese to me!  I do not eat cheese and it freaks me out if something reminds me of it!  I will cut out the rise before shaping step everytime and it all works out fine!

Normally, I don't even try to make a "loaf" of bread that is gluten free.  The dough is not kneadable... ever.  I generally make rolls or something that I just shape with my hands.  

The benefit of baking in a loaf pan is that you get a nice golden crust all around the loaf.  Where there is golden goodness, there is buttery flavor!  While this loaf is not very tall, it is a dense and sweet bread with good texture.


2-1/2 cups GF baking mix
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 package active dry yeast
1 cup hot Soymilk (110 degrees)
1-1/2 tablespoons oil

Preheat oven to 350.  Pour a little vegetable oil in a loaf pan.  Coat the pan using  your fingers or pastry brush.  Remove access oil with a paper towel. 

Put the baking mix, sugar, salt and yeast in mixer bowl.  Heat the soymilk until 110 degrees.  Add the oil to the milk.  Pour into dry ingredients.  Dough should be moist and slightly sticky. Add a bit more baking mix if necessary.

Press into loaf pan and allow to rise until doubled in size (20-30 minutes).  Bake for 25 minutes.  Cool a few minutes in the pan.  Turn out onto cutting board.  Cut with serrated knife.



No comments:

Post a Comment