Monday, February 18, 2013

Best Vegan Pizza

I wanted to make pizza for meatless Monday.  It was no accident I bumped into a mini deep dish pizza pan set while out with my mom today.  I knew I had to have them!

My pizza dough is already really good but to be able to surround toppings with dough and bake it so the sides get golden and delicious will be awesome!

I made the Gettin Saucy Carrot Sauce and am using spinach and olives for these little babies.

I put a pat of margarine and about 1/4 cup frozen spinach in the bottom of the pans and put them in a hot oven just long enough to melt the margarine.  I added garlic, pepper, oregano, red pepper flakes, the carrot sauce and then the olives.  I put the Daiya Cheese on top of that.  Then you press the dough in and I brushed with melted margarine.

Bake at 425 until dough is golden and toppings beneath are bubbly. Allow to cool slightly then overturn onto serving dish.

Melty and so traditional looking!









No comments:

Post a Comment