Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Souper Speedy

Dinner doesn't have to be hard! I was going to do pancakes tonight but standing over the griddle did not sound appealing this evening.  Maybe this weekend.  I work late tomorrow night and I'm thinking I will be dog tired Thursday and Friday the boys order out. Len told me she put dry, broken spaghetti in her soup the other day. I happened to have half a bag in the cabinet so I ran with it!

One package boneless, skinless chicken thighs
2 tablespoons margarine
1/4 cup Bragg's liquid Aminos
One bag frozen spinach
Garlic
Pepper
1/2 pound dry, broken spaghetti noodles

Combine margarine, chicken, Bragg's, garlic, pepper, spinach in your favorite soup pot/pan.  In the interest of time today, I used my large Food Network pan instead of a Dutch oven.  The water came to a boil faster.  

Pour enough water to cover the chicken and spinach.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat, cover and simmer for as long as you've got.  The longer you simmer, the more tender the chicken.

Add the dry pasta, breaking into bite sized pieces as you toss them in.  Simmer until pasta is tender. Shred the chicken with two forks right in the pan.

Serve with some warm bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment