Sunday, March 10, 2013

Ginger Soy Skirt Steak

Sunday has become meat days over the past several months.  I can't wait until the weather is drier so I can grill.  I don't mind grilling or frying out in the cold but it is just too messy when it is raining or the snow is melting.

1-1/2 lb skirt steak
3 tablespoons Bragg's or soy sauce
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons oil
1 tablespoon sugar
Black pepper
Garlic
Ginger

Trim the skirt steak of any silver skin and large areas of fat.  Break down into 4 equal parts and put in a zip top freezer bag.  Add the remaining ingredients above to your taste and likes.  (Heavier on the garlic here and not so much the ginger.)

Massage the steak to coat with marinade.  Put in the fridge for several hours occassionally stopping by to turn the bag over and massage the steak.

I put some char on a red pepper after I sliced it in a little frying pan to go with the steak.

Grill the steak until medium rare (about 3 minutes per side).

Serve over rice or noodles.

I almost made spicy peanuts but figured the meat was enough protein!





No comments:

Post a Comment