Sunday, March 17, 2013

Glazed Matchstick Carrots

It would be so nice if I could eat raw carrots right out of the bag but I know what a horrible idea that is!  Undercooked give me the worst pain that will keep me from standing up straight. Raw would put me in the hospital.

I miss roasting them with chicken and potatoes so I decided to faux roast them today.  I don't claim any mad knife skills and my Julianne peeler would have made these too thin. I like to call the variation in size of my cuts rustic!

1 lb carrots, peeled and cut into strips, matchstick or Julianne
3 tablespoons margarine
1 tablespoon Bragg's or soy sauce
2 tablespoons sugar

Par boil the cut carrots to fork tender but stick holding their shape.  Drain and allow the surface to dry.

In a medium sized skillet, melt the margarine.  Add the Bragg's and sugar.  Stirring constantly, cook until sugar caramelizes.  Remove from heat and add the carrot sticks.  Stir gently to coat, or if you are talented, toss in the pan.  I am not talented so I use a silicone spa

I am eating these over gnocchi tonight!







No comments:

Post a Comment