Saturday, March 2, 2013

Little Goldie Girlie Cake

My Twiggy cat (aka Goldie) is sooooo happy to see Len today! And we are all happy to eat cake!

Easy. One bowl. No mixer.

1/2 cup margarine, softened
1-1/2 cup GF baking mix
3/4 cup sugar
2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
Dash of salt
3/4 cup Very Vanilla Soymilk, room temperature or slightly warmed in microwave

Preheat oven to 375.  Grease and flour 9" square cake pan.

In large bowl, put the margarine.  Cut it up a bit.  Put the sugar, baking mix, baking powder and salt on top of it.  Mix with wooden spoon until combined.  It will be thick batter, sort of like biscuit dough.  Whisk in the Soymilk.

Today, I put the margarine, sugar, baking mix, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. I poured the Soymilk in measuring cup. I covered both items with Saran and left to pick up Len. When I came back, the margarine was soft and the Soymilk was room temperature. I even greased and floured the pan and covered it before I left. I just mixed it all when I got home and baked it.

Super easy!

Pour into prepared pan. Jiggle it around a bit to evenly distribute.  Bake for 25 minutes.  

Cool in pan 5 minutes.  Loosen edges with a knife and jiggle it around again to loosen.  Turn out onto cooling rack and cool completely.

If you're smart, you'll frost with Chocolate Cloud Frosting!











No comments:

Post a Comment