Saturday, March 9, 2013

Tasty at Ten To-Go

I don't know what my problem is tonight.  My cat is sleeping in my spot waiting for me to come to bed!  What possessed me to bake I have no idea.  I wanted to send something to Len I guess was the inspiration. There doesn't seem to be a regular breakfast for her on campus while she is out and about.  99% of the time, there are no gluten free and vegan options. I hope these travel well!

These have some protein with the quinoa and who doesn't like chocolate for breakfast?

1-1/2 cups cooked quinoa
2 cups GF baking mix
3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup shredded coconut
Dash of salt
1 cup Very Vanilla Soymilk
2/3 cups chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350.  Lightly grease an 8" square pan.

Mix the sugar and maple syrup in a medium bowl.  Add the baking mix, cinnamon, coconut, and salt. Stir to combine.

In a large bowl put the cooked quinoa and cool it by adding the soymilk. Stir to combine.  Add the bowl with the baking mix, sugar and other dry ingredients.  Stir until moist.

Pour into prepared pan.  Bake for 45-50 minutes at 350 until toothpick in center comes out clean.

Cut while warm and cool on rack.  Indiviually package each bar in a ziplock baggie to grab on the go!

Now off to bed!



No comments:

Post a Comment