Saturday, April 13, 2013

College Visit Cannellini

Since it is SNOWING here today, a warm, hearty dinner is in order for Big D and Bub.  They will have spent 5 hours in a car and several hours touring ISU.  I remember these tours are exhausting from when I went with Len.  Slow walking, lots of it, no food we could eat...

This can be vegan if you use a meatless bacon product.  I just think cannelli's go with spinach too.  Heck, bacon goes with spinach as well.  I'm pretty sure they will ❤ this!

One 14 ounce can cannellini beans, drained
2 tablespoons oil olive
5 strips of bacon of your choice, cut into little pieces
Garlic powder
1 bag frozen spinach (10 ounce)
1/4 cup water

Render the bacon in a large skillet with a lid with .  Add the beans, water, garlic, spinach, and water.  Simmer until heated through. Finish with freshly cracked pepper.

If I was eating this, I would stop here.  Since I'm not, I'm serving over pasta.  I am only making half a pound of pasta since the beans are starchy already.

I bet this would taste good as a cold salad too using fresh greens of your liking! I love wilted lettuce. Pouring this warm over fresh spinach would be sooooo goooood!





No comments:

Post a Comment