Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Curry Up

Poor Bub working late two nights in a row.  He is starving when he gets home on longer days like these.  One good thing about it... I have more time to make dinner!

While I am using chicken here, you can easily use tofu, lentils, white beans, kidney beans, or fish.

5 boneless skinless chicken thighs
2 tablespoons margarine
2 tablespoons oil
Cumin
Turmeric
Cayenne
Garlic powder
Ground Ginger
Ground mustard seed
Water
Salt

Melt margarine and oil together in a large pan with a lid. Remove from heat.  Stir in the curry spices, except salt.  I don't measure.  I try to just keep them balanced. The boys like cumin a lot so I may use more of that.

Stir around to combine.  Return to heat and add chicken.  Cover and allow to brown on one side.  Flip chicken pieces and cover again to brown.  I remove from heat, wait unil it stops spitting, then uncover and flip!  I hate messes!

Reduce heat, add 1 cup of water and 1/2 teaspoon salt.  Simmer with lid on low until chicken is tender.

Add a bag of frozen, or fresh, spinach and heat through.  Serve over diced potatoes or rice. I actually used Ore Ida's steam and mash frozen potatoes and tossed those in with the spinach and heated through. One pan! Schoop schoop for easy!













1 comment:

  1. Hi Sue,

    This looks really good. Love the new format. Now maybe you can teach me how to respond to you without being anonymous.
    Nena

    ReplyDelete