Saturday, May 11, 2013

Golden Cinnamon Biscuits

The second thing I knew would benefit from the new gold baking sheet was BISCUITS!

I was craving baked goods so badly the other day.  I knew there was a waffle I made in the freezer.  I was looking so forward to it Friday morning too.  Unfortunately, I over toasted it and it was sorta petrified.

This is an insanely busy day with prom prep (flowers, haircut, over an hour EACH WAY to drive him to his dates house, photos) and, just for fun, a mortgage refi, food prep for Mothers Day lunch tomorrow.  Then there is the usual, laundry, cooking, cleaning.

I just had to have a cinnamon roll dammit!

This is the Can Do Biscuits with some additions.

2 cups GF baking mix
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1/4 cup sugar
1 heaping teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup cold margarine
3/4 to 1 cup Vey Vamilla Soymilk

Preheat oven to 450.

Combine the cinnamon and sugar in small bowl.  This may look like a lot of cinnamon to you but if I'm going for flavor, I'm really going to go for it!

In large mixing bowl combine baking mix, baking soda, and salt.  Put the margarine in the center.  Pour the cinnamon sugar on top of margarine.  Cut in the margarine with pastry cutter or fork, trying to smash the cinnamon sugar into the margarine, until crumbly.  I wanted the cinnamon sugar to be part of the margarine.

Slowly add the Soymilk and stir until thick batter is formed.  Remember to stir from the bottom and add small amounts of Soymilk in targeted dry spots.

Spoon onto baking sheet.  Sprinkle a little sugar on top and some cinnamon too.




No comments:

Post a Comment