Sunday, May 5, 2013

Mint Chips

The brownie bites I tried making were a failure yesterday.  On the brighter side, I did make some tasty mint chocolate!  I wanted to bake with them to make a blast from the past recipe called Chocolate Goodies. It wasn't meant to be...

One cup semi sweet chocolate chips
6-8 drops oil of peppermint

Put the chocolate in a small saucepan.  Add the peppermint.  Stir to completely coat each chip with oil.  Make sure they are all shiny and wet.

Melt gently over low heat stirring constantly and thoroughly.  Remove from heat when still slightly unmelted.  Stir until smooth.

Spread onto parchment.  Cool completely.  Cut into pieces.


If you have candy molds, that would be great.  I do have some and will use them next time!  I made these to use as mint chips in recipes.  The first recipe wasted almost all of them!



No comments:

Post a Comment