Thursday, May 16, 2013

Unseasonal Carrot Pancakes for Leddy

I know that fall spices aren't really in right now but I really wanted to make a healthier, more flavorful pancake. I also owe it to myself to experiment more with ingredients I can actually eat.

Peapod has canned carrots that are on my easy and good list right now.  I puréed them with a little maple syrup to use in place of canned pumpkin.  Brilliant!  So good.  I am making these with Potatoes Hortono Cakes for a little sweet and a little savory. Everyone happy? Do I care? I AM HAPPY!

2 cups GF baking mix
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1 cup puréed carrots with 1 tablespoon maple syrup
1-1/2 cups Very Vanilla Soymilk, warmed
2 teaspoons melted margarine

Whisk together all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.  Combine all the wet ingredients in medium bowl.  Add the wet to the dry and whisk until combined.  It is thick which is correct.  Such a pretty color!

Ladle onto hot griddle, about 1/4 cup each pancake.











No comments:

Post a Comment