Friday, May 24, 2013

Walking Carrot Muffins

When I was a Girl Scout, we used to make a "walking salad".  There were a few variations but my favorite was shredded carrots, peanut butter, and raisins.  I have replaced raisins with chocolate chips over the years since raisins are painful for me!  They are both brown, sweet, and small!

I think mini muffins are considered "walking" food for their easy tote-ability, and these are also walking out the door to see Len tomorrow.

3/4 cup puréed carrots with one teaspoon maple syrup
1/3 cup melted margarine
1/2 cup hot Very Vanilla Soymilk
1-3/4 cup GF baking mix
1/2 cup sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
Dash of salt
3/4 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 400 and grease mini muffin tins.

Combine the carrots, Soymilk, and melted margarine in a large bowl until smooth.  Add the dry ingredients and chocolate chips.  Stir until just combined and dry ingredients are moist.

Spoon into muffin tins.  Bake for 12-14 minutes.

I am going to spread peanut butter on mine!



No comments:

Post a Comment