Saturday, June 8, 2013

Biscuit Sandwiches

Once again, trying to replicate foods from lives past...  even if I can't eat them!

What I really want is a Burger King chicken sandwich. What I'm getting is not.

I'm making the boys crispy, thin sliced, fried chicken breasts.  I'm going to fry some pre steamed cauliflower for me.  The oil in the fryer has seen a couple of jobs so it is time for one last fry and get rid of it.

A biscuit chicken sandwich sounds really good!  I'm sure they will ❤ it.  Bub especially...not sure if he's ever had a crispy chicken sandwich in his entire life.  It's definitely time.

Here is the Can Do Biscuit recipe:

Can Do Biscuits

I will be using plain Soymilk though instead of vanilla.

Bub pounded the thin sliced chicken even thinner.   I par cooked the cauliflower, allowed it to cool and dried on a sheet pan.

Get yourself two freezer bags. In one put

1 cup GF baking mix
1/2 cup mashed potato flakes (Whole Foods brand is safe)
1/4 teaspoon salt

Place the pounded chicken in bag and shake and shimmy to coat completely. Len so cleverly said mashed potato flakes would work well here.  As usual... she is right!

In the other bag put

1/2 cup GF baking mix
1/2 cup mashed potato flakes
Dash of salt

Add the drained, dried cauliflower and shake to coat,

Heat your fryer to 375.  Fry chicken until golden using a spider to put and remove pieces in and out of fryer.

Do the same with the cauliflower.

All you need is chicken and biscuits are you've got a simple, delicious dinner.  I'm serving a pepper trio to the boys.  They can make sandwiches or put peppers on top of the chicken and eat that way too.







No comments:

Post a Comment