Thursday, June 20, 2013

Defiantly Delicious Dammit!

OMG.

Ever since my quinoa bars lost in the mail and NEVER arrived to Stony Avenue, I've wanted to make quinoa cookies.  I've had a crap week and finally felt like baking today.  After some research, I think I've come up with something tasty!

While creating my Chocolate Cloud Frosting, I discovered that cocoa powder is an excellent binding ingredient.  For something chocolate, cocoa powder works better than any egg replacer.  I'm also a lover of dark chocolate and my taste buds thank me all. day. long.

Carrot haters?  Quinoa haters?  I defy you to tell me you taste either one in these cookies!

Preheat oven to 375 and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper (or just use your kick ass gold cookie sheets if you've got 'em).

7 ounces canned carrots, drained (half a can) puréed with 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
1/3 cup quinoa
2/3 cup Silk Very Vanilla Soymilk
3/4 cup sugar
1-1/2 cup GF baking mix
Dash of salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
5 tablespoons cocoa powder
2/3 cup chocolate chips

In a small saucepan, combine the Soymilk with the quinoa.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until all Soymilk is absorbed, about 20 minutes.

In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except chocolate chips.  Mix by hand until well blended.  Stir in chocolate chips.

Drop by rounded teaspoon full onto cookie sheet.  Press down slightly.  Bake for 12:22.  Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes.  Remove onto foil and cool completely. 



No comments:

Post a Comment