Thursday, June 27, 2013

Dress Up Your Fresh Veggies

I found some beautiful looking young green beans and snow peas today.  I'm roasting some chicken leg quarters for the boys.  I figured that a cool, snappy fresh veggie side dish would go nicely.  It's a little hot to be roasting anything but I gotta do what I gotta do!

As usual, I have several irons in the fire...  Reorganizing some kitchen cabinets since we are replacing some horrible ones...  Making a dressing for the veggies... Cooking vegan, carb free for me and Len... And working from home today since my office was infested with dozens of tiny, baby wasps coming out of the ceiling!  YIKES!!!!!!

Warm Ginger Soy Dressing

2 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons Coke
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon Bragg's Liquid Aminos
Cracked pepper
Ground ginger
Garlic powder
1 teaspoon peanut butter

Heat all the ingredients in small saucepan.  Whisk until smooth.  Pour over clean and dried vegetables while hot.




No comments:

Post a Comment