Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Hey Howdy Haystacks



I feel like I haven't been posting too much lately.  I'm sort of keeping tabs on my weight and limiting my carbs and desserts. I'm not depriving myself but not having multiple sweets to eat available at the same time is really helping.

Today's treat is for my Len!  I don't do coconut anymore but sure wish I did for these!

Line a cookie sheet with parchment.

1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut

I know people say a double boiler is the best way to melt chocolate... but I think that was before microwaves!  I do own a very nice double boiler but rarely use it.  If you're careful not to rush things, the microwave is reliable.

Put the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl or container.  I used a low, rectangular Pyrex container.  Microwave 40 seconds on 30% power.  Start heating for 20 seconds at a time on full power, checking after each heat. Mine only needed 40 seconds.  The chocolate should not be totally melted.  Let it melt as you stir it.

Stir in the coconut.  Drop by teaspoons full onto prepared pan.  Freeze for 5 minutes.  Store in airtight container either in the fridge, if it's hot, or at room temperature.

I was sneaky and jacked a teaspoon of melted chocolate to mix with a tablespoon of peanut butter for myself!





And here's mine with peanut butter instead!




No comments:

Post a Comment