Thursday, June 13, 2013

Welcome Home Muffins

I cannot believe we pack up and pickup Len on Saturday!  How did this school year go so fast?  I am way too young to have a 20 year old and my other baby a senior in high school.  It is just too much.  Too damn much.

I needed some muffins for the freezer and figured I would bring some along on Saturday since all of Len's food will be gone and the things to cook them in packed away.  She chose cinnamon!

2 cups GF baking mix
1/2 cup sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 rounded teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup vanilla Soymilk, warmed
1/3 cup melted margarine
1 teaspoon maple syrup

Preheat oven to 400 and grease muffin tin.  I made mini muffins...  again.

In large bowl combine all the dry ingredients.  Add the wet and mix until all is moist.  Spoon into prepared pan. Bake for 13-14 minutes.

While the muffins are baking, melt 2 tablespoons of margarine and set aside.  Prepare some cinnamon sugar in a separate bowl.

After removing muffins from the tin, brush with melted margarine and dip in cinnamon sugar.



No comments:

Post a Comment