Friday, July 12, 2013

Roasted Roots

I got up early and got my butt to Whole Foods.  The store closest to our house has a lot of construction around it.  On a normal day, the parking lot is horrible.  I was either going early, or not going at all.

The carrots and parsnips looked so appealing to me.  I bought several of each, along with some Yukon gold potatoes, and roasted them for dinner.  This was my first experience with parsnips.  I have a super sensitive to flavors and tastes.  Parsnips taste like nutmeg!  Good stuff!

4 parsnips
4 carrots
5 Yukon gold potatoes
1/2 cup margarine, super softened or melted even
Salt

Preheat your oven to 375.

Peel and cut your veggies in any shapes you like.  We quartered the potatoes and cut the parsnips and carrots into long pieces.

Put the veggies in a roasting pan with the margarine.  Stir to coat them all.  Salt liberally.

Cover with foil and baked, covered, for 40 minutes.  Remove from oven.

Increase the heat to 425.  Arrange the veggies on sheet pan(s).  Return to oven for about 40 more minutes until browned and soft.







No comments:

Post a Comment