Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Too Hot For The Oven Meatloaf Burger

It is nasty hot out!  The air conditioner is struggling to keep up.  Len and I made all stove top foods today for our main meal.  I'm doing the same for the boys.

There is a restaurant we've seen on Food Network that has been making steamed burgers forever.  Bub has been wanting to try that.  I failed once before trying to do burgers that way.  I just didn't have the right tools!

I thought I would try it on a bigger scale, sort of a meatloaf burger.  It cooked really fast too!  Big D is going to eat it on a bun with mustard and ketchup, like a burger, while Bub is making a sort of mashed potato stack with Daiya Cheese.

1 lb ground beef
Salt
Pepper
Garlic
Paprika
1/4 cup water

Mix the above together with a fork.  Press into a fry pan that has a lid.  Add the water.  Cover and steam over medium heat until juices run clear, about 10 minutes.

Might not be an award winner, but it was fast didn't heat up the kitchen, and appears to be tasty!




1 comment:

  1. a splash of red wine may enhance the flavor..

    ReplyDelete