Saturday, July 6, 2013

Top It Like It's Hot... Or Cold!


Still trying to make more recipes with edamame.  Len and I eat them every single day and, although we love them, it is getting to be a drag.  Our relationship with food already is "a daily dance vs. maybe I'll sit this one out".    We just want to eat without it being a big project once in a while.

Getting a real food processor, instead of my mini one, will be a huge help.  I just can't get one right now.  Anything good is costly.  It will be a great investment and will get tons of use like my mixer.  Damn you bills!  Don't you know I need this device?  I guess two trips to the ER last month will put this purchase on hold longer than usual.  Sigh.


This is a great pizza crust alternative or even veggie burger.  Hot or cold toppings make it versatile!

Preheat oven to 375.  Grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment. I'm using the gold miracle pan so no greasing or lining necessary.  (I may not have a food processor but I have these kick ass pans instead!)  


You can use any pan you want really.  Round, square, rectangle...  If you have multiple people who like their own toppings, press the dough in multiple pans and they can top their own.

12 ounces cooked edamame/mukimame, drained
2 tablespoons margarine
2 teaspoons Bragg's Liquid Aminos
3/4 cup GF baking mix
1/4 cup mashed potato flakes
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon sugar
Plain Soymilk

Rough process the edamame, Bragg's, and margarine to form coarse paste.  Set aside.  I'm doing this half at a time since my food processor is tiny.

In a mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients.  Add the edamame, margarine, and Bragg's paste and mix until a soft dough forms. You may need to add tiny amount of plain Soymilk to form the dough. It will be wet but not soupy.

Press onto your prepared pan or pans.

Bake for 20 minutes or until crispy on top. Just open your oven door and gently scrape a fork along the top to see if it has a nice crust on it.  Brush with softened margarine and return to oven for 3 minutes.
You can top the crust after it is baked with whatever you like (hummus, carrot purée, avocados and olives, lentils, vegan sour cream and cucumber slices).  Tons of options which is what I was shooting for here... OPTIONS.  Hot and cold options too!






No comments:

Post a Comment