Sunday, August 25, 2013

Not Your Ordinary Rice Cake

I have toyed with idea of making Bragg's glazed rice cakes or cinnamon ones.  I saw this post on Tumblr for Chocolate Cover Rice Cakes and was like, OMG.  I can do that.

I decided to make them chocolate peanut butter instead though.

Line a cookie sheet or pan with foil.

2/3 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup peanut butter
Sea salt, optional

Put chocolate chips and peanut butter in a microwave safe dish wide enough for dipping rice cakes.

Melt on low power for 30 seconds at a time, stirring between each.  (After that first 30 seconds, the peanut butter should be loose enough to coat the chocolate chips.  Stir and coat them all in peanut butter so they don't seize up on you later.)  Stir until smooth.

Dip the rice cakes one at a time in the chocolate peanut butter, giving them a little spin as you do.  By the time I got to the last two rice cakes, I needed to just spread the mixture on with a spatula.

Sprinkle with sea salt.  I use low salted rice cakes and natural peanut butter so a little salt is good for me  If your rice cakes are already salty, you can skip this step.

Put in the fridge until set.




No comments:

Post a Comment