Saturday, September 21, 2013

Do You Take Your Chocolate Hot or Cold?

I'm almost embarrassed to say that I'm having a new problem or a flare up from an existing one.  Whatever it is, I am unable to eat anything solid and I am only able to down small amounts of liquid.  

This started Thursday night, saw my doctor yesterday, and still feel awful today.   Perhaps a Crohn's or sarcoid flare.  Maybe muscle spasms in my esophagus.  I feel like a 90 year old.

It's also not nice when your doctor pulls her hair at the sight of you as her last patient on a Friday.  She only likes to see me when I have an ear ache, strep throat, or something NORMAL.

Since Soymilk has a fair amount of things good for you in it, I decided to make home made hot chocolate which  turns out to make kick ass chocolate milk too!

1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup raw sugar
1/2 cup water
4 cups Very Vanilla Soymilk

In a medium sauce pan, combine the cocoa powder, sugar, and water.  Heat over medium low heat for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until smooth.

Add the Soymilk.  Continue heating and stirring until you reach desired level of hot.  Or, you can stop heating and just mix well.  

It is so smooth right off the bat that it makes great chocolate milk.  I was hoping to freeze some but I don't think it will last that long!






No comments:

Post a Comment