Sunday, September 29, 2013

PB&C Snack (or Celebration) Cake

I haven't talked to Bub yet to see how the surprise party went last night.  I'm hoping the cake I sent over was a hit though.

I'm making a second birthday cake this morning.  I'm thinking it is a little easier to celebrate today than on a Monday night.

17 years has just passed in a blink, or a haze, depending on which memories hit me first!

Peanut butter and chocolate are loved by many, us included!  Cocoa powder is a great "glue" when baking gluten free, egg free, corn free, and xantham free cakes.  Win win!

Happy Birthday my Bubby!

I set everything up to get to room temperature while I showered.  Everyone else is sleeping so I didn't want to run the mixer yet!

1/4 cup margarine, Earth Balance, room temperature 
1/4 cup peanut butter, I use Skippy Natural
3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 cup GF baking mix
1-1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt (normally I don't use so much salt but c'mon, it's peanut butter here)
1/3 cup Very Vanilla Soymilk, room temperature
3/4 cup chocolate chips, Trader Joes semi sweet

Preheat oven to 350 and grease and flour an 8" or 9" square pan.

Cream margarine, peanut butter, and sugar in your mixer.  Add the cocoa powder and mix well.

Combine the baking mix, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.  Alternately add the baking mix mixture and Soymilk to the creamed mixture.  Mix until smooth.

Spread into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, when cake starts to pull away from sides of pan.

Evenly distribute the chocolate chips over the top of the hot cake.  Spread over the top as they soften. If they don't want to spread, pop cake in oven for about a minute.  They'll be ready then!

Cool and enjoy for no reason, or for a special one!









No comments:

Post a Comment