Saturday, September 28, 2013

Shine Like a Superstar

I made a cake for Bub's birthday gathering today.  He is celebrating with some friends tonight and it's no celebration without cake!

A cake with no frosting is also no way to celebrate!  I wanted to make a cake that I know is a winner since I don't have time to make two.  I made:

 Cherry Colored Glasses Muffins

But in cake form.  I doubled the recipe and baked it for about an hour in a greased Bundt pan.

I know it's super moist and very flavorful but was missing frosting!  I found this at Allrecipes:

 Satiny Chocolate Glaze

It lives up to its name.  Silky, smooth, and a worthy shine to the top of Bub's cake!

3/4 cup chocolate chips,  Trader Joes are excellent
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
3 tablespoons margarine, Earth Balance

This recipe also calls for vanilla but we can't use it.

Combine all ingredients in a microwaveable safe bowl.  Make sure you give it a good toss to coat the chocolate with the corn syrup so it doesn't seize up on you later.  Cook on high for 30 seconds.  Stir.  Cook for 10 more seconds.  Stir until smooth.





No comments:

Post a Comment