Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The "OMG, I'm sick of making other people dinner" Dinner

I love cooking.  My kitchen is my favorite room.  What I don't love is always thinking up dinner ideas.  I'll make it but just throw some ideas at me once in a while.

For some reason, I have a lot of frozen fries right now.  Between Peapod and Target, I must have gotten them twice.  I decided to turn a bag into a sort of casserole/hot dish/thing.

1 lb ground beef
1/2 bag frozen spinach
1 bag frozen fries
Cheese (we use Daiya)
Salt
Pepper
Garlic
Paprika

In a large skillet, brown the ground beef.   Add the spices, stir to combine, and even out in a single layer in bottom of skillet.  Add the spinach evenly over the top.   Next add the cheese.  Pile the fries evenly oven the top.

Bake according to the fry directions until crispy.

It's no award winner but it is easy, pretty cheap, fast, and I know they will like it.  The vegan cheese and the spinach make it not awful health wise.  I'm not saying it's healthy, but it's better than fast food.






No comments:

Post a Comment