Saturday, November 23, 2013

Back to Bananas Bread

Although bananas didn't always agree with me even before my limited diet, I've been wanting to introduce them lately.  They are full of good things I am sure my diet is lacking in.  They are easy to take along.  They go so well in lots of baked goods.  Here goes nothing!

I decided to try them first in banana bread.  I did give a taste while smashing them.  They did not give me a tingly tongue...  It remains to be seen though if hives and digestive woes are to follow.  Either way, I at least had something different today!

Grease a loaf pan or, if you're lucky, a mini loaf pan.  Preheat oven to 325.

1/2 cup margarine, softened
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 smashed bananas
2 cups GF baking mix
1 teaspoon baking soda
Dash of salt
Cinnamon for dusting

Cream margarine and sugar.  Add bananas and peanut butter.  Mix well. Add baking mix, baking soda, and salt.  Stir until combined.  You can fold in nuts here or chocolate chips.

Spread into loaf pan.  Dust with cinnamon.

Bake for 30 minutes in mini pans or 60 for a big loaf pan or until knife in center comes out clean.

Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.






No comments:

Post a Comment