Thursday, November 21, 2013

Caramel Pop-Uncorn

Many of you will think that I have finally lost my mind making these but until you have the number of allergies, intolerances, and digestive problems that I have, don't judge.

I can't open a bag of really simple stuff and just enjoy it.  I mean, yes, I can eat rice cakes, plain.  I can't eat flavored ones or get cute mini ones to dip in tasty things.  Low calorie snacks are hard for me too since raw veggies and fruits are out.

I discovered that rice cakes and Earth Balance taste a lot like popcorn.  Add some sugar and a broiler and I've got caramel rice cakes!

2 tablespoons Earth Balance or margarine
1 tablespoon sugar or maple syrup
8 rice cakes

Line a baking sheet with foil and lay out the rice cakes on it.

Melt margarine over low heat until melted.  Remove from heat and stir in sugar or maple syrup.

Brush mixture over the tops of the rice cakes dividing it evenly between them.

Broil for approximately 4 minutes WATCHING THEM THE WHOLE TIME rotating the pan if necessary.

Remove from broiler when brown/golden.  Cool and enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment