Friday, November 29, 2013

PBC's

I got thru Halloween without peanut butter cups but I can't take the holiday season without peanut butter bars too!  I've been really off the daily sweets and chocolate so I feel like this holiday weekend I can indulge a little.

I attempted to make my own powdered sugar which wasn't so successful but I used it anyway.

This recipe uses candy molds.  I have a nice set of discs that work well.

1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
2-1/2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter (I use Skippy Natural)
2-1/2 tablespoons powdered sugar

Combine chocolate chips and peanut butter in microwaveable safe bowl.  Heat on high for 40 seconds.  Stir to coat all chocolate with peanut butter.  Return and heat at 20 second intervals until you can stir.  It's ok if the chips aren't melted. They shouldn't be.  Stir until melted instead.

Add powdered sugar and stir to combine.  Fill candy molds and pop in the freezer for about 20 minutes.  Pop out onto foil and store in airtight container in fridge.  Repeat until all candy mixture is used.










No comments:

Post a Comment