Saturday, November 2, 2013

This is Miracle Mousse

Jennie found this super simple recipe for chocolate mousse.  We were both like...  riiiiiiight, this will never work.  BUT IT DID DAMMIT.  It.  Did.

Here is a link to the recipe we used:

Herve This Chocolate Mousse

I used 6 ounces of Silk Very Vanilla Soymilk and one cup of a Trader Joe's Semi Sweet morsels.

I heated the Soymilk on medium high in a saucepan then removed from the heat.  I whisked in the chocolate chips until melted and gelatinous.

I then filled a stock pot with ice water and placed the saucepan in it and whisked by hand for a minute.

When cooled, I transferred the mixture to my electric mixer with the whisk attachment and whisked on high until it was firm.  It was about 4-5 minutes.

It looks creamy and fluffy but when you put it in your mouth it is definitely mousse texture! It's a kitchen miracle!










No comments:

Post a Comment