Saturday, January 18, 2014

Best Foot Forward

Here is a recipe for a soft, comforting foot powder.  Yep.  You read that right.  A non edible recipe!

I used to have a great peppermint foot scrub and lotion but can't find anything allergen free for me.  I thought this was a good alternative.  And I was right!  Sometimes a little extra pampering is a good thing. 

1 cup potato starch
1/2 cup tapioca starch
1/2 cup baking soda
1 cotton ball or cotton square
20 drops peppermint oil 

Combine the starches and baking soda in airtight container.  Put the peppermint oil on the cotton ball or square and place in the bowl with the starches and soda.  Stir with a fork and cover for 24 hours.  Stir again and sit for another day.  Remove pad.  Ready to use.  You can buy shaker containers or cosmetic powder pads work well too.  I prefer the pads... neater.



No comments:

Post a Comment