Tuesday, March 18, 2014

St. Joseph's Day Treat

What a coincidence that I'm not eating solid food yet and vanilla pudding is just what I'm craving for St. Joseph's Day tomorrow!

I do miss the pastries normally eaten on this holiday, especially the little sweet cherries on top, but pudding is nothing but good.  I'm going to enjoy it warm today and cold tomorrow!  I may even put some in my freezy cup from Williams Sonoma and make a little single serve ice cream out of it.

A little sprinkling of raw sugar on the top will be a perfect substitute for cherries.  I even learned that at a lot of feasts, breadcrumbs are sprinkled on dishes to resemble saw dust since Joseph was a carpenter.  So, my sugar saw dust is actually pretty swell'

3/4 cup sugar
4 tablespoons potato starch
4 cups Very Vanilla Soymilk
Tiny dash of salt

Whisk the sugar, starch, and salt in a medium saucepan.  Add the Soymilk.  Whisk constantly over medium high heat until it just starts to bubble and thicken.  Remove from heat and whisk for a few seconds still.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment