Sunday, April 13, 2014

Who Moved My Churro Bites

It appears my original churro post is lost...  The recipe is there but all the photo steps from original post are gone and so is the link.  Hhhmmmm....  I wasn't the best at IT back then.  I'm still not but I'm a lot better!

So here it is again because it's such a good and easy recipe.

1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons sugar
Dash of salt
2 cups Very Vanilla Soymilk
2 cups GF baking mix
1/4 cup cinnamon sugar for rolling (or plain sugar if you're sensitive to cinnamon)

Heat the oil, sugar, salt, and Soymilk in a medium pan, stirring constantly until it boils.  Remove from the heat and stir in the baking mix all at once.

Allow to cool enough to touch.  Pinch teaspoons full of dough and roll into balls. 

Fry at 375 until golden and floating on top of the oil.  I lower and remove into my fryer with a spider.

Drain on paper towels long enough to load the next batch into the fryer.  Roll in cinnamon sugar.

Enjoy with coffee.  It's really great that way.













No comments:

Post a Comment