Saturday, July 5, 2014

Bandwagon Rice Cooker Pancake

Jumped on with both feet here.  I keep seeing pics of the amazing rice cooker pancake.  Nowhere, though, do I see an actual recipe with measurements for what size rice cooker.  So, here I am, braving the potential eruption for you!

An Instagram friend clued me in that her small rice cooker seemed to handle one cup of liquid so I am starting there.  I think I can go bigger but I wanted to test this first!

This is for a 4 cup rice cooker.  It's small.  (I used to have a 12 cup machine but it lived its life...)

1 cup GF baking mix
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Dash of salt
1 cup soymilk
1 tablespoon vegetable oil

Grease the rice cooker bowl.  Mix your dry ingredients in medium bowl.  Add the wet and whisk until combined.  Pour into rice cooker bowl, close lid, and press go....

Uuummmm...  Mine was done in about 3 minutes.  Keep the lid closed until the top is set, checking every minute. Mine took an additional 3 minutes or so.

Top with the usual pancake toppings.  I will encourage bananas today since I've got lots of them!










No comments:

Post a Comment