Saturday, December 20, 2014

It'll Make You Feel Better Cookies

My Jennie girl has been having a hard time with TMJ for the past two weeks.  On top of that, craving cookies.  I feel like I don't try new recipes as often as I used to.  This gave me the perfect reason to!

1/2 cup Earth Balance stick margarine
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup GF baking mix
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Dash of salt
1/2 cup organic, dehydrated coconut shreds (be careful it's only coconut shreds if you have allergies)
3/4 cup chopped, frozen cherries
2/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325.  Line a cookie sheet with parchment.

Beat margarine and sugar until light.  Add baking mix, baking powder, and salt. Mix until combined. Stir in the coconut, cherries, and chocolate chips.

Drop by rounded teaspoon full 2" apart.   These cookies spread quite a bit.  Bake for about 15 minutes or until set.  Allow to cool on the pan for 2 minutes.  Remove to foil to cool completely.






No comments:

Post a Comment