Monday, June 29, 2015

KISS Muffins

I've been trying to pinpoint why I'm not feeling well lately and simple, plain muffins sounded like a good idea.  KISS for Keep It Simple Stupid.  I'm still not sure what is making me feel sick all the time but it isn't these muffins!

They remind me of sweet corn bread muffins without the evil corn.  They taste great for breakfast but I can totally see them on our next Thanksgiving table too.  With gravy.... Oh yeah.

Preheat oven to 400 and grease muffin tin (I get 9 big muffins from this recipe.). I also kind of over grease the muffin tin so the sides of the muffins get some color.  I use softened Earth Balance to grease my pans.

2 cups GF baking mix
1/2 cup sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
Dash of salt
3/4 to 1 cup vanilla soymilk, or whatever milk you use
1/3 cup vegetable oil

Combine the GF baking mix, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.  Add the 3/4 cup of soymilk and the oil.  Stirring from the bottom, mix until combined adding any extra soymilk if too dry.

Spoon into prepared pan and bake for 17-20 minutes, rotating your pan half way through the baking time.

Let cool in pan one minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment