Friday, November 13, 2015

Fun-Fruity Birthday Cake!

My Jennie had the so super smart idea to make a funfetti type cake using gluten free and milk free Fruity Pebbles!  And it worked!

I used my Little Goldie Girlie Cake recipe and added about 1/4 cup lightly crumbled Fruity Pebbles cereal.  So pretty! Festive and yummy too! 

I made cupcakes out of it and a couple of cute hearts too!

Fun-Fruity Birthday!

Little Goldie Girlie Cake --- With Fruity Pebbles 

My Twiggy cat (aka Goldie) is sooooo happy to see Len today! And we are all happy to eat cake!

Easy. One bowl. No mixer.

1/2 cup margarine, softened
1-1/2 cup GF baking mix
3/4 cup sugar
2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
Dash of salt
3/4 cup Very Vanilla Soymilk, room temperature or slightly warmed in microwave
1/4 cup slightly crushed (more like just broken) Fruity Pebbles cereal

Preheat oven to 375.  Grease and flour 9" square cake pan or cupcake pan.

In large bowl, put the margarine.  Cut it up a bit.  Put the sugar, baking mix, baking powder and salt on top of it.  Mix with wooden spoon until combined.  It will be thick batter, sort of like biscuit dough.  Whisk in the Soymilk. Stir in the Fruity Pebbles.

Today, I put the margarine, sugar, baking mix, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. I poured the Soymilk in measuring cup. I covered both items with Saran and left to pick up Len. When I came back, the margarine was soft and the Soymilk was room temperature. I even greased and floured the pan and covered it before I left. I just mixed it all when I got home and baked it.

Super easy!

Pour into prepared pan. Jiggle it around a bit to evenly distribute.  Bake for 25 minutes for cake and about 12-15 for cupcakes.

Cool in pan 5 minutes.  Loosen edges with a knife and jiggle it around again to loosen.  Turn out onto cooling rack and cool completely.

Frost as desired.  I used another one bowl, no mixer recipe to frost!

2 cups powdered sugar (Trader Joe's and Whole Foods have corn free)
2 tablespoons super soft Earth Balance Margarine
2 tablespoons vanilla Soymilk

Mix powdered sugar and margarine in bowl.  Add milk and whisk until smooth.

Bam!  Easy!








No comments:

Post a Comment